Monday, June 30, 2014

Lethargy has hit me!

I'd planned to do quite a few things today and had reiterated to myself, while on my morning walk, that everything would be completed by the end of the day. But, alas, that wasn't the way things turned out to be and I'd ended being what I've always excelled in - put off things for another day.

Let me explain by giving a silly example. I was supposed to wash down my car in the morning and had adjusted  the levers of the water motor accordingly when the dhobhi had come along with his cart to iron the clothes. I decided to postpone my work till he finished his job as I did not want him to come in the way of the gushing water and the resultant dirt to mess up his immediate surroundings! But the rains played spoilsport and he was allowed to continue, within the shelter of our extended porch, for doing the neighbour's clothes too. Soon, it was lunch time which give me an excuse to postpone my good intentions! It was as simple as that!!

Saji, my cousin, had dropped by in the afternoon to give us a feedback about his activities and his aspirations. His business of Interior Designing hasn't taken off the way he'd expected it to and he was seriously contemplating about taking up a job abroad which has come his way thanks to a relation of his wife, who works in that country. If things were to go as planned, he'd be at his new work by the first of August! The young man had come to validate this option with us and all of us, including mom, have given him the thumbs up. A sincere and hardworking guy - Dame Luck is taking her own sweet time to bestow her largesse upon him - who needs to get the right break. I'm sure he will!

The evening walk was executed through the threat of imminent rains when Lekha'd got a call from her classmate from school that she and her family would be calling on us a trifle late into the evening, after paying their obeisance to the good Lord. They're seven of them and had fetched up around a half past 9 and by the time, we'd called it a day it's close to midnight after I'd done two shuttles in my Chevy for dropping the group at their place of stay as autorickshaws/cabs were hard to get at that unearthly hour!

A day of lost opportunities, really and lethargy has hit me, yet again.


Tailpiece.

I'd wanted to send my impressions on the recent interactions that we've had among us classmates but have not been able to cajole myself into doing it. Perhaps, it's the knowledge that I'd be hurting the sentiments of a couple of them which is preventing me from doing so. I'm really surprised at my new found reticence in calling a spade, a spade lest I hurt the others whereas, my friends know me as someone who fired straight from the hip....always! Age catching up, I wonder? 

No comments:

Post a Comment