Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's day.

It was a laid back Sunday morning and we went about the usual chores. Since it had rained the whole night and continued to pitter patter through the morning, the plants did not require any watering. The shaded ones were watered and it was mom's turn to get my attention.

As I helped her to get ready, as is my won't every morning, I quietly wished her a 'happy mother's day'. She was quick to thank me with that look which reminded me of her question that had stumped me many years back and I quote, "Do you require a 'Mother's Day' to remember me?" So, that was that, we played it at the superficial level today, too!

I'd planned an afternoon move to Palakkad, at my sister's place, to drop mom for the period of Lekha's hospitalisation when I'd be her attendant! By 2 o'clock, we'd set off after a visit to the nearby fuel bunk for topping up and checking tyre pressure of the Chevy. The drive was smooth with a very smooth traffic all through the almost 100 km drive. The sky was overcast but we didn't encounter any rain throughout the journey.

We're at our destination by teatime and it was nice to be back at my sister's. She's gonna be at home for mom till the 19th, as her school opens on that day. The next five days will be covered by a friend of her's who stays in the nearby flat. My mom, thus, will have company during the forenoon hours. If she doesn't get company, she opts for an easier option - go off to sleep!

It was catching up time and I enjoyed every bit of it.


Tailpiece.

The only mismatch was that Padmakumar, my brother-in-law, was going through a medical problem that he was slowly coming out of. The worst is over, but the poor guy had gone through pain over the last couple of days! In fact, I'd made the trip today to meet up with him because during working days he's hard pressed for time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment