Friday, May 29, 2015

Time has really flown...

A lovely message had come on my cellphone, around 2000h, as I was seeing off the guests who'd dropped by to see Lekha. They were also active members of the Foundation in the district and we'd taken the opportunity to discuss the activities connected with the 'Reading Day' on the 19th of next month.

"Sonia's the proud mother of a baby boy", said the SMS from Tommie at Bangalore. Tommie, as I'd said earlier on this forum, was a cadet in my house when he was in class VII at school and I was his House Captain. We'd attended Sonia's wedding at Bangalore in May '11.

Sonia, incidentally, is a talented young lady and we've had a soft corner for her since the day we saw her as a kid. She used to take pride in showing us her talent in painting, stitching, music and what not during our stays at their house during our leave. She's currently a most sought after costume designer in the Hindi movie world - and I'm sure another Bhanu Athaiya in the making. She's definitely gonna make us proud one day.

And the news, this evening, about her becoming a mother was overwhelmingly great.....As I go back in time, I'm reminded of that moment during her school's annual day when she wore a white frock with an array of frills, white stockings and a white hat singing a beautiful, evergreen number.....and she's a mother now! How time has flown....?!

May all good things happen for you little one, take care and here's wishing that you get whatever you wish for.


Tailpiece.

The work of clearing the wild growth, back at my dad's place, has been going on over the last week at a snail's pace. I only hope that it's finished with before the monsoon sets in. I ain't very sure but the caretaker says that the monsoon's gonna be late and that we'll be able to pull it off.......If we were to miss the deadline, the next chance we get to clear it would be only in November! 


No comments:

Post a Comment