Friday, May 8, 2015

Sarath's unchanged attitude.

Sarath is an executive in a private bank. Professionally, he's doing well for himself but I'm afraid I can't say the same regarding his personal life. He continues to be a worry to his parents on that score.

Shorn of all the niceties, I must say that the lad has brought it upon himself. Let me narrate his story so that everyone is on the same grid with me and no, I ain't gossiping but am doing this basically, to educate youngsters about not messing up their lives by taking rigid stands at young ages! I'd exempt the older people from this stand of mine because rigidity in opinions, usually, come over a period of time thanks to harsh and bitter experiences!

About eight years ago, he'd fallen head over heels over a girl whom he'd met through the net and despite strong reservations within the family, against such an alliance, he'd insisted upon the same and the family meekly surrendered to his request and made the wedding a grand event. Their married life began with great pomp and show at New Bombay and Lekha and I'd enjoyed the hospitality of the enthusiastic couple during those heady days.

Their life had picked up and they're the toast of their friends with everything going well, but for the frequent tiffs between the two of them. And then, one day it happened, the young lady packed her bags, called up her dad who'd come and taken her away, vowing that he'd get the marriage annulled. Unfortunately, the couple had kept all their close relations in the dark about the brewing mismatch between them so much so that none could intervene and salvage the relationship. To my mind, two things contributed to the break up which were:-

    (a) His wife's independent attitude while he expected her to seek his endorsement in everything
          she did, including picking up a job in a top IT company.
    (b) He felt that his wife's family wasn't affluent enough to augment their lifestyle.

The paradox was that he really missed her after the break up and even went to her asking for forgiveness but by that time, the young lady had had enough and she wasn't impressed. Formalising the break up didn't take much time, thereafter.

Over the years, he seemed to be turning a new leaf but Cupid had struck yet again. He'd fallen for a colleague of his - she's from a different religion - and insists that their marriage in court needs to be a hush hush affair. It shouldn't be at Coimbatore - his colleagues mustn't know about it, at least for the time being - and it shouldn't be at Thiruvananthapuram either because most of his family and friends stay there!


Tailpiece.

I could not but resist asking him as to how relevant those factors were if he loved the girl wholeheartedly and when their parents accepted their coming together? That was almost a week back and he's yet to get back to me.

I see that his attitude hasn't changed even a wee bit and no, I ain't speaking negatively but my gut feeling says that even this relationship is taking off on shaky foundations!

You might ask of me as to why am I interested in this case. The hero of the story happens to be my cousin! Gotcha?   

No comments:

Post a Comment