Saturday, July 4, 2015

An embarrassment and another story.

Today's thoughts is about a personal experience and something that arrested my attention by its uniqueness. Life's, indeed, great......read on.

 1. An embarrassment.

     I'd visited the local 'sidha' doctor after days of coaxing by Biju, her compounder. I'd gone to the
     clinic, a few days earlier to collect a combination of oils for my mom's joint pain and during that
     visit, I'd mentioned about the rashes on my skin because of itching. The doctor comes at odd times      -  for me, of course - between 1630 and 1800h on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays and I just
     couldn't match my timings because of the work that I'm doing and the errands that I run.

     This evening, Biju, however, ensured that I made it by personally coming to my house and
     had taken charge of the situation. The meeting with the doctor, Femin, was good in that the
     ailment could be properly put across to help the doctor come to the correct diagnosis. At the end
     of it all, I'd asked her about her consultation fees which turned out to be Rs.100/-. I'd immediately
     fished out my wallet, with a flourish, to find that there was only a 50 rupee note in it. It was
     embarrassing and I was apologetic, though she was very kind and said, "Not to worry sir, I'm
     charging you only because you'd inquired about it. For me, it's a treat to have befriended you
     and have you as my patient. I shall collect my fees after seven days, when I'd like to take stock
     of my medicines' effect on your ailment!"

     Never before had I felt so small!

  2. An usual meeting of classmates.

      Mindy Glazer and Arthur Booth, all of 49 yrs, were classmates - years earlier - at the Miami
      Beach School. Years later, they're face to face as the judge and the accused in a burglary case
      at the Miami-Dade Court.

      Arthur hadn't recognised the judge until she said the following, "OK, Mr. Booth, I've a question
      for you. Did you go to Nautilus for middle school?"

      Arthur, who was arrested on several charges including burglary, theft, fleeing and resisting
      arrest realised as to who Mindy actually was. He, then, put his head in his hands and sobbed.
      The rest of the story is best understood through Mindy's words....

         To Arthur

            " I'm sorry to see you there, I always wondered what happened to you."

         To the courtroom

            " He was the nicest kid in Middle School.....He was the best kid.... I used to play football with
            him...all the kids.....and look what has happened finally to Arthur." 

         And finally, to Arthur

            "Good Luck to you, sir, I hope you're able to come out of this OK and just lead a lawful life."

        Judge Mindy set Booth bail at $44,000.


Tailpiece.

His friends remember Arthur Booth to have been a dedicated student and athlete but unfortunately gotten drugs to take charge of his life. And he'd eventually turned to crime! Sad!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment