Thursday, July 30, 2015

Remembrance day of my Ammachi, Mrs. PN Panicker.

Today's the 24th remembrance day of my grandmother as per the Malayalam calendar. My mom and I went through a lot many occasions when Ammachi had guided all of us through her wisdom and matured opinions.

Mom recounted how my grandfather used to bring in people home at short notice and expected my grandmother to provide them with food and many a time, lodging too! It was my ammachi's resourcefulness that at the end of it all, everyone went away happy, singing her praise!! And mind you they're subsisting on a primary school teacher's meagre pension......A truly remarkable lady!

We found that the pain that was inflicted by her passing into the mist of time continued to linger despite the passage of time........ I'd wanted to get my grandparents to the house that we'd set up while at Ooty and I remember ammachi's reply when I'd expressed my desire before leaving for the staff course and I quote, "You tell your Muthachan, who won't say no to you and I'll make sure that we make it."

Ammachi, I miss you........... Mom misses you too!

      *                                *                                  *

Peikarumbu, the resting place of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam is soon gonna be a centre of tourist attraction. Such is his popularity that Rameswaram, that boasts of being a popular pilgrim centre will further go up in the earning of revenue from tourists, who'd flock to pay their respects to the late President and try to know more about him from the accompanying library and memorabilia, in the proposed memorial!


Tailpiece.

I got an unexpected call from a friend and instructor of mine during my long course - and mind you, he was a damn good teacher. I'd earlier been sounded by a mutual friend about his impending visit to the temple town. Today's call was basically to confirm that programme of his!




No comments:

Post a Comment