Thursday, March 3, 2016

A case for divine intervention?

My Chevy is yet to come back from the workshop. It needs intricate work that needs effort and time; my Customer Adviser has asked me for another two days. Though my patience is wearing thin, I've agreed to the delay because even if I didn't, the guys would have taken that much of time! It's been thirty days since I'd handed over my Chevy to them!

My mom keeps asking me as to how long would it take for the car to return and I give her a blank look, indicating my ignorance.

Preetha, Lekha's understudy, has come up with a brilliant plan. She's convinced that there's an evil eye on sir's car which is the reason for a string of accidents that has necessitated frequent repairs and consequent expenditure. There's an offering in some of the temples, around here, where such aspects that are harbingers of ill luck are removed and the process is known as the 'muttu arakku'(The breaking of the bad omen). I find that she has been able to convince both Lekha and mom.

Accordingly, Lekha is accompanying her to the temple once the car is back in the porch from the repairs!

Perhaps, that's the badly needed balm for the 'grief stricken' vehicle of mine!!


Tailpiece.

Will the divine intervention cure my bad driving and impatience, I wonder?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment