Monday, March 7, 2016

Off for Lekha's medical review.

It was time for yet another quick dash to Kochi to meet Lekha's doctor for the quarter. The appointment is at 10 tomorrow. My worry was the cluttering of traffic at Aluva in connection with the conglomeration of the people, to do the rites for their departed relatives, on the occasion of Mahasivaratri. I'd chosen the narrower NH17, therefore, and we'd set off for Kochi around 2 in the afternoon, after lunch. The drive was trouble free as the traffic was sparse and I found that my impatience had toned down considerably!

But wait, I ain't gonna say that with certainty until I've a few more drives, a few more hoary experiences with nasty motorists and come out of them with my altered(?) level of patience! We're in Ernakulam, a trifle past teatime, made a few quick purchases and headed for my friend, Jojy's place, where we're spending the night.

It was a cosy evening. The highlights were many but the important ones were:-
          (a) meeting three of Jojy-Saly's friends who'd made it a point to call on us.
          (b) writing a three minute speech on account of the 'Woman's Day' for their friend, a banker,
          (c) singing on the karaoke, along with Jojy, a few evergreen numbers in English, Hindi and
               Malayalam during the course of the evening.

And Saly, as usual, had spread a lovely dinner for the occasion!


Tailpiece.

I'd missed out on two narrations, in yesterday's thoughts, that ought to be told. These were my observations and I thought that I must share them with my readers and so, here, I go:-

   (a) I'd the opportunity to observe many motorists on the highway as I proceeded from Thrissur
        to Vyttila, in the low floor bus. Almost all of them looked serious and a few, even grim, while
        driving. Wonder whether the pressures of driving was encroaching their pleasure of driving?

   (b) I saw this extremely beautiful young lady at the Thrissur railway station, on my return. As we're
        negotiating the flight of stairs of the foot over bridge, I was disappointed by the sight of her
        hairy legs that were revealed from beneath the loose skirt that she was wearing. Why couldn't
        she spend some of her time on that aspect too? None of my bloody business, you'd rightly say.
        And, so, the prosecution rests!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment