Saturday, March 5, 2016

All by myself.

Lekha's sister had come by early morning at 6 and they're off to Kottarakkara to be in time for the engagement function tomorrow. Preetha had come home by a half past 9 and was off by 1 after having prepared my lunch and supper.

A quick bite of lunch, a short siesta and by 3, I was off to the service station to pick up my Chevy. Much to my surprise I found that I'd no small rupee denominations in my wallet. The owner of the bakery that we frequent gave me Rs.200/- against a Rs.500/- as he'd given all the smaller denominations to someone else just a while before! Thus, for me, liquid cash was in short supply and every penny(Or should I say paisa?) mattered!! The bus that I got on was on a zipping spree and I was happy that I'd be reaching my destination early.

It was nice to interact with the guys out at the service station and I was shown the parts of my car that were removed. I must admit that I'd a pang of regret looking at the colossal havoc that I'd created. Driving back, it was an exhilarating experience to be back at the wheel. I find that I've acquired some patience but to confirm it all too soon would be a mistake and hence, I desist.

The manager of the station is on to organic farming in a big way and he keeps me informed of the strides his team has taken on that front. I've given him some tips that I was handed over by the agriculture experts with whom I interact with at the Foundation. He has invited me for a day long workshop on the subject on the 7th. Should make it a point to attend as there would be plenty of new information to imbibe.

The 'pollution under control' certificate was obtained as the previous one had elapsed last week. It's a must as we're undertaking a few long journeys from Monday.

I was back home before sunset and could go for my customary walk doing the purchases of small items that I'd put away earlier as I was woefully short of cash! On return, it was a quiet evening thereafter.


Tailpiece.

Spoke to Babu chettan, who has promised to have me picked up from the Kottayam railway station tomorrow, on arrival. Damn sweet of him! It's gonna be an early day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment