Monday, March 14, 2016

Wandering mind, random thoughts!

A few things that come to my mind here and now. Crazy, you might call but that's me!

 (a) British?

       I'd taken a quiz to determine as to what nationality's traits were predominant in me. And I was
       surprised to know that I was British. So, was I a part of the occupying British contingent that
       ruled this country? Was I malicious, completely hateful and full of detest towards the unfortunate
       'kaalu Indians'? Probably, the Master Script writer wanted to teach me a lesson as to what it was
       to be on the other side of the fence by making me a 'kaalu Indian' in this birth! Quid pro quo, eh?

       But I'm glad to be one without any hesitation!

 (b) Afridi gets walloped for speaking the truth.

       Zahid Afridi, the Pakistan cricket team's captain, at a press conference soon after landing at
       Calcutta, in a candid admission had said that he and his team gets more love in India than in
       Pakistan. A matter of fact really, for which he's being hauled on coals. The poor guy had only
       spoken the truth but hopeless guys like Miandad and gang have taken umbrage to the Paki
       skipper's statement. I won't be surprised if he were to lose his captaincy and even, his place in the
       team for saying something from his heart!

       Poor fellow!

 (c) Vijay Mallya's last hurrah?

       Vijay Mallya has been making a lot of statements through the media, in whatever form one
       can think of. Imagine an MP declaring that it's not safe for him to come back home now
       because of a non-bailable warrant against him. The ire towards him keeps getting bolstered
       exponentially when one realises that he'd used the taxpayers' money for boosting his
       'larger-than-life image'.

       The law needs to act swiftly to have the swindler behind bars for his wrongdoings. And let it
       also be the beginning for the other wrongdoers - the rightful cause of the staggering amount
       of 'non performing assets' that most of the banks have managed to pile up - to be brought to
       book.

       I only hope that the entire drama is not a pantomime to confuse and lull us to the thinking that
       the government is taking stern(?) action!


Tailpiece.

The current weather in our country is baffling! Heavy rains in Uttaranchal and nearby places in the north, my friend in Nagpur says it's damn cool out there necessitating to have a sheet over him at nights, while it's sizzling hot out here!

     

   


         

No comments:

Post a Comment