Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Some action!

This morning the mason had come along with his help and commenced the work. He went about his work systematically and quickly, to beat the afternoon rains. It was a big relief to see them pull down the parasital growth that had come out of a huge crack in the boundary wall. All it would have taken was a couple of months for that part of the wall to collapse! The repair work was on not only for the wall but also for a few spots, both on the outsides and the inards of the house.

Lekha'd returned from the temple visit along with her elder sister, her daughter-in-law and her three month old son. After lunch, I'd to drop them back at Kottarakkara through pitter patter rain. This time I seem to be hitting the road to Kottarakkara a bit too often, for errands!

Our attending my friend, Yedu's daughter's wedding at Kozhikode on the 15th and 16th continues to be in suspended animation. Vijayakumar, from Thiruvananthapuram, is still undecided and frankly, the poor guy will be driving up and down just for my sake and due to his eagerness to be at our classmates' conglomeration! I've a plan 'B' too in case Vijay drops the idea. We'll drive towards Kozhikode after picking up Jojy and Saly from Kochi to be in time for the evening's reception.

Shiny, the milk delivering lady, had brought her son for counselling. The lad has not been able to clear his degree course. He was receptive to my inputs and has taken down my cell number to contact me whenever he needed my assistance!

The rains did give me the jitters. Hope my plans don't get watered down - pun intended.


Tailpiece.

(a) Why speculate over things that I've no control over? Just chillax!
(b) The way people approach me for their children's 'professional debut', I get the impression that I've been anointed Chairman, UPSC!
(c) Hope I'm able to vote on the return leg!!

No comments:

Post a Comment