Friday, May 6, 2016

Tying up loose ends.

It was hectic today as I'd to do quite a few things before leaving for my dad's house tomorrow morning. I'm gonna be a farmer for the next fortnight or so as things have to be organised after the recent cutting of the rubber trees. The whole acre of land surrounding the house has to be ploughed with the help of a JCB and it's estimated that it will take about 21/2 days for the work to be completed and the big machine is gonna be available @ Rs.800/- per hour!

As my bank had done the relocation of resources in tax gain schemes I found, much to my dismay, that I was hard of liquid cash. It had to be carefully worked out, so that just about adequate funds were available to get much of the jobs done over the next few days. The caretaker has already done most of the tying up and it's left for me to be there for the supervision of the work. Mom's excited and my sister, Rema, did fetch up from Palakkad by lunchtime. Our younger sister, Mini, came in from Bangalore a couple of days back and she'll be joining us there tomorrow.

Clothes were given for dry cleaning while collecting those that were ready quite a while back, medicines for mom and Lekha were collected, the credit card cheque was disposed off in the drop box after its verification at the counter and the Chevy was topped up with fuel and its tyre pressure checked. These jobs couldn't wait as I'd unnecessarily break deadlines during the period of my temporary absence from 'The Quarterdeck'. Of course, there's an assistant who'll be my rear link out here, just in case!

The walk was nice and the process of shut down of the house has commenced. With the windows closed, the temperature within the house has risen but there's no other go as I plan to set off from here at my usual time of 6 as Lekha has an appointment with the toothy, at Ernakulam, by 9.

There never is a dull moment!


Tailpiece.

I plan to have coconut trees and teak saplings planted once the land is ready. Of course, the planting of the new saplings will be timed to meet the monsoons. There's a bit of renovation being done to the house, the front boundary wall and the gate. Hope to tick these jobs, off my slop chit, within the next ten days with a few days to spare. But, for starters, we're looking forward to attend our caretaker's younger son's wedding on Sunday!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment