Sunday, November 27, 2016

And finally, a quiet Sunday.

It was a lazy Sunday with Jojy, Saly and I talking about various things over the morning cuppa. After a quick wash and change followed by a sumptuous breakfast rustled up by Saly, I was off to the Vyttila hub for resuming my onward journey to Guruvayur. For my transportation, I'd used the services of the Uber Taxi Service and young Abin - a graduate, marking his time for a good job with a tremendous passion for driving - had got me to my destination in no time, whatsoever.

And it's this fine service that the regular taxiwallas and the auto rickshawwallas, with the connivance of certain unscrupulous trade union leaders, have been hounding to destroy it, since its introduction! The sad part is that the government has been a silent spectator in this pantomime making the common man believe that they, too, are with the taxi/rickshawwallas - a formidable vote bank, you see!! 

The seating arrangement of the private bus left much to be desired. I mean, it was too crammed because of a non-existent aisle, with the result that the standing passengers almost fell over their sitting counterparts whenever the driver jammed on the brakes which happened every now and then! The young lady, standing on the aisle close to me, fell many a time on to my person and was apologetic about it. Earlier, I'd offered my seat to her but the guy who was occupying the window side seat simply refused to vacate it for the lady and for reasons known to her, she showed a reluctance to sit next to him!

The driver, Sreekumar, a youngster in his early 30s seemed to drive like a man possessed! He negotiated the vehicle through narrow stretches and crowded junctions like a 'Formula one' race car driver! Any passenger with a weak heart would have had a tough time and no, I ain't exaggerating! Eventually, we reached Guruvayur by lunch time. Lekha'd made my favourite vegetable pulao with mixed salad.

The customary walk in the evening was enough to shake my lethargy of the lack of exercises over the previous three days. I'd increased the pace of my walk to a punishing level to refresh myself.

And then, it was down to a quiet dinner of noodles with vegetable garnishing and watching of the Comedy Stars on Asianet as well as the Kapil Sharma show on Sony, on television.



Tailpiece.

The end of another short trip to achieve certain milestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment