Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Another of those quiet days.

Had got up on the dot and so, did Lekha. Being a Wednesday, we'd the customary 'aarathi' of the 'Drishti Ganapathy', Guruvayurappan and the lamp was shown in each of the rooms of the house. Lekha had, then, gone to pay obeisance at the Mammiyoor Siva kshetram and Guruvayurappan. Preetha, her assistant, had gone to meet her doctor and so she would be absent for the day. Hope her medical problems are under control after the course of antibiotics!

Paulson had called me to say that I was third on the waiting list for the train on my return trip and assured me that it would be confirmed by the time the actual date of travel would dawn! Anyway, I'm taking off tomorrow by the morning bus....many a time one takes off without being sure of how and when one would land! So is the case here!!

Meanwhile, Lekha has decided to stay put here at 'The Quarterdeck' during my absence. Her assistant, Preetha and her kids will give her company during night time. I'd actually planned to drop Lekha at my sister's place at Palakkad today which was what was changed because of the development.

The customary walk was used to buy sundries - as per Lekha's directions - to tide over the requirements during the next three days an my packing was over within half an hour.


Tailpiece.

1. Adieu, Balamuarali Krishna sir, the Carnatic Music maestro! He'd passed away yesterday evening following prolonged old age related illness. A real gem in the world of classical music who'll be missed sorely. The media has been covering every aspect of his life and anything that I might say would sound repetitive and avoidable and hence, I desist. My tears and prayers to a great artiste with tremendous talent who was humility personified.

2. I've finally decided to board the morning bus to Vyttila to catch the low floor bus to Thiruvananthapuram from there, tomorrow.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment