Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Swami saranam!

Today's the first of the month of Vruschikam as per the Malayam calendar, which marks the commencement of the pilgrimage season to the hill shrine of Sabarimala. For the next two months, there's gonna be a continuous flow of pilgrims, clad in their tell tale black/saffron clothes and the temple town will host this heavy, floating population that would be passing by.

The day had begun with Rema being seen off on the road transport corporation's Palakkad bus, at a half past 7, from the bus stop nearby, as she'd to get back in time for her classes at the tuition center. The forenoon was quiet and we went about our chores as usual. Caught up with my reading and replying to mail that have been pending for a while.

The news about the indelible ink marking on an individual's forefinger - on the lines of what happens in the polling booths, during elections - after cash withdrawals from banks, had drastically brought down the length of the queues in many places, as reported by the media. So, were the surge of crowds that one were witness, to all these days, a result of multiple cash transactions except for the initial week, I wonder? Meanwhile, a part of the opposition led by Bengal's chief minister, Mamta Banerjee, had met the President, asking him to prevail upon the government to revoke the order on demonetisation. It was comical to see the Shiv Sena, joining this group despite the fact that it's part of the ruling coalition! However, the rest of the opposition were debating the issue in both the houses of the Parliament.

I'd gone to the servicing station to collect our car by about 5, in the evening. The work had been completed but it took another hour for me to drive off from the premises, as the Chevy was being washed down, dried and polished! Since a 'service camp' was on, I was also the recipient of a 'Provogue travel bag' gift voucher that was given. There are a few formalities that I've to complete before I get the gift and I'm too lethargic to do that! Prasobh and Manikandan had seen me off after ensuring that everything was okay.

Driving through the road was a mad activity because I get blinded by vehicles approaching me with their hi-beams on. Why can't guys drive with their low beams, especially where there's no central median?

I'd gone for my customary walk, about 15' late, but it was invigorating!



Tailpiece.

The long pending work with respect to the Chevy was finally, over. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment