Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The second puja.

Today was my star(Anizham) as per the Malayalam calendar and the occasion for the second 'mrityunjaya homam'. Lekha was keen that I attended it saying that the puja would be most effective if the person on whose name it's done is present and I didn't want to disappoint her! Accordingly, we'd gone to the 'Perunthatta Siva temple' and at the end of it, I was given a teaspoonful of ghee to be consumed! We're back by about 11 o'clock.

The new wicket gate has been effective but it has given us additional work, in that, we need to close the gate after use. The drivers of the hired vehicles feel a bit weary entering the confines as they suddenly feel enclosed within unfamiliar space or was it all my imagination? I must confess that I'm reminded of the imposing gate of Mandrake's Xanadu, that one's familiar with on reading those comics during childhood!

We'd gone for the afternoon show of the new Mohanlal starrer, 'Pulimurukan', which was watchable. I liked it and feel that it's better than many of his movies, that were released in the recent past. Probably, because it's a working day and the movie has been running for more than a fortnight, there was hardly any crowd in the cinema hall.

Tomorrow, I shall be heading for Thiruvananthapuram to attend a meeting and to exchange notes as well as review the progress of some of the activities that the Foundation is busy with. We also need to take certain hard decisions to cut the flab to bring in efficiency! Lekha will be headed to my sister's place at Palakkad and she'll be chauffeured by George, as is the practice. Moreover, it's also gonna be the day when my nephew, Achu, takes up his new assignment!

This time I've decided to go by road in the state road transport corporation's low floor bus because I'd found it to be comfortable going by my previous experience!


Tailpiece.

The winding down of 'The Quarterdeck' was initiated after sunset. And the walk was nice!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment