Thursday, November 24, 2016

Off to Thiruvananthapuram.

It was Lekha who'd given me a 'firm' shake up at 5 o'clock to wish me many happy returns and I'd, then, gone about my chores. She gave me a small statuette of Lord Ganesh, that had the hologram of Guruvayurappan in the backdrop, as a gift on the occasion. Yes, this was the day I was born 61 years back but there wasn't gonna be any celebration as the the architect of such a do - my mom - wasn't there anymore. Anto had come on the dot at 7 and ferried me to the bus stand. He's asked me to speak to my neighbour about his wife's employment at the Rajah Hospital. The journey was uneventful and I was at the Vyttila hub by 10. Meanwhile, my cellphone had kept me busy with the numerous good wishes from my friends and relatives! Well, it's a nice feeling to be the object of everyone's affection!! The driver, Sinu P Joseph, shyly thanked me as I gave him a handshake and told him that I liked his driving.

I did a bit of work, on my laptop, while waiting at the hub. But by the time I'd gone around the corner the bus had come into the bus bay and I couldn't get the seat of my choice. The journey was, again, uneventful and lunch was around 1330 hrs at a Motel Aram, after Kayankulam, which was nice.

I reached Thiruvananthapuram by a quarter to 5, was picked up by Sivakumar and was at the Foundation shortly after. It was always nice to meet up with the staff and I quickly went about updating myself about the various aspects that were going on. Maman, then, give me a rundown about the organisation and said that he expected me to be around with him for at least ten days every month, for the organisational activities. A mechanism needs to be worked out because, as of now, I've been coming off and on when things cropped up and it seems that my presence, to pitch in, is required more often, now.

Actually, the team needs to be expanded by adding a couple of members from the family and put in place, to reduce the load on Maman. He needs to remain at the conceptual level while the execution of his ideas would be the task for this team.


Tailpiece.

A quiet and early evening at Maman's place and it was nice interacting with Ammayi and Chambu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment