Saturday, November 19, 2016

The doubts that creep into my mind......

Is my value system totally outmoded? Or have I been left far behind in the scheme of things existent these days because I've withdrawn into a temporary exclusion?

From what I hear and read, courtesy the media, I've reached this conclusion! Without much ado, let me blurt out my observations:-

  (a) Can an individual's integrity exist in grey?

        I've been brought up, right from my childhood, emphasising that my integrity was of paramount
        importance. It's one's integrity that gives one the confidence to look into every other man or
        woman without fear and even bordering on arrogance, many a time! One had integrity or one
        did not have it but there's no grey area. Period!

        It's the statement made by the chief secretary to the government of Kerala that there was no need
        for a vigilance inquiry on ADGP R Sreelekha on the corruption charges she seems to have
        committed while being the transport commissioner, some time ago. He has reiterated that she'd 
        only committed minor procedural violations!    

        The transport minister had ordered a vigilance inquiry on her for the following, while she was
        the transport commissioner during 2013-'15:-

             (i) Instances of transgressions in dealings
            (ii) Corruption
           (iii) Favouritism
           (iv) Misuse of official vehicles and
            (v) Misuse of funds meant for road safety!

         Had I been in her place, I'd have stepped down to face a full fledged inquiry to clear my
         name at the earliest! I'd always admired her to be a smart, non controversial police officer......
         But this muck?.......Sad!

    (b) Making a fast buck in these difficult times of demonetisation.

          While most Indians have been able to understand the good intentions behind the
          demonetisation move, there seems to be many crooked ones trying to make a fast buck. Here's
          the story of P Harris, P Nissar, M Naushad, CH Siddique and Mohammed Shefique, of the
          Kerala's northern district of Kasaragod, who're caught making a fast buck while 'helping'
          people to exchange their demonetised notes for the new Rs.2,000/- notes. The inquiry hinges
          on these aspects:-

                (i) How did they manage to possess so much of the new currency within a short period?
               (ii) Are bank professionals involved in the racket?
              (iii) Or the ATM filling security agencies?

          The group seems to have disbursed millions of rupees till being caught!

          Why do we have this tendency to exploit when the other is down? It's like an unscrupulous
          boxer who tries to put across his/her punches on an opponent whose guard is down


Tailpiece.

In terms of human behaviour, the above instances show a low self esteem in the protagonists.





   

No comments:

Post a Comment