Monday, October 30, 2017

The return.

Had got up around 4 and since there was a temporary break in sleep, I'd recited the prayers and turned off to sleep all over again. My mind was at peace in that Rema and Achu were with Lekha for the night.

We'd left for the venue by a half past 7 to monitor the arrangements at the venue, keep a track of the delegates - their arrival/departures, freshening up after fetching up at Thiruvananthapuram and ensuring that they'd their breakfast in time so that they could assemble at the Kanakakkunnu Palace, the venue. The forenoon session had begun at a quarter past 11 with a public meeting with Prof PJ Kurien on the chair.

The subject of today's daylong workshop was "Econext". It's making the coming generations, the youth, to understand the delicate nature of the ecosystem around us, the factors that are degrading the environment and the steps to protect and safeguard the system. 

Short presentations by the experts on the subject took place soon after the meeting, with me introducing each, to the audience and summing up on the completion of the presentation. Lunch was served to everyone, soon after, so that they could be seated back in time for the afternoon session that began at 1400 hrs.

As part of the IPLM(Indian Public Library Movement) initiatives, the innovators were awarded the essential accessories like laptops and software.

The session was dedicated to the initiatives on digital literacy/the use of the knowledge for practical purposes which was accepted well by the participants. The hall was jam packed and a few enthusiasts were seen standing and assimilating the inputs, until chairs were provided.

The days proceedings came to an end by a half past 4 and it was time for me to leave. Manu had dropped me at the railway station and the Guruvayur Intercity Express left Thiruvananthapuram at a half past 5.


Tailpiece.

It was a faux pas of a different kind. After paying for a magazine, I'd forgotten to pick up my copy. It was much later, when the train was about to depart, that I realised my folly. The train was on platform 4 and I'd to go on to the first platform and I'd begun running firstly, because I couldn't bear to leave my precious reading material behind and secondly, because the time available was short. Was there a  hint of a conspiracy, in that, the elevators suddenly became non operational at that point of time making me run up and down the flight of stairs for achieving the task! Phew!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment