Thursday, November 23, 2017

A hectic day.

During my morning walk, li'l Sana - with hijab and all - was struggling with the lock of her cycle and on seeing me asked for my help. As I helped her lock the cycle, she asked me as to where I stayed, who I was and other things. She must have been watching this guy going on his walks with a stick and headgear that changed everyday! She studies in class VI. So, it was a good start for the day.

The forenoon saw me tying up small things like bank work, acquiring a new dongle and paying up the water bill. The acquisition of the dongle had to go through the 'aadhaar' way, with biometrics and all and I must say that the system has become pretty efficient and strict. No more of the easy acquisition of the days gone by; the spate of terrorist activities have made us learn an important security lesson. The paying of the water bill was a cakewalk as there wasn't even a hint of a queue which goes to show the small population of Guruvayur that's blessed with the municipality's water connection - erratic and plenty of muddy water! One has been hearing that the system was gonna get streamlined within six months but the first installment has already crossed the deadline!

The afternoon saw me go to the Geeyem Motors to collect my Chevy. It has been thirty five days since its admission and I saw her parked at their main porch, looking great with all work completed. After a quick recap of all the work done, along with ascertaining the next service cycle, I was able to leave the service station before 5. Manikandan and Sreejith had really worked behind the scenes, especially the former - he has always been like that from the start.

Enroute, I'd got the renewal of the 'pollution under control certificate' done. The lady at the counter insisted that she was carrying out the new procedure six times and I was in a damn awkward position with me on the driving seat and she pressing the accelerator with her foot. There was no other way to do it as my vehicle was perched on a steep slope in front of the shop and since the hand brake wasn't effective, I'd to keep the brakes on! The renewal was, actually, due only on the 30th.

Then it was the turn to get the car topped up with fuel and for checking the tyre pressure. By the time I was at home, it was about half an hour left to light the lamp in the puja room. The customary walk, subsequently, was nice.

Had a long chat with Suresh Laxman regarding Mohanachandran after supper. It was enlightening.


Tailpiece.

Mohanachandran's medical bulletin.

"He opened his right eye for a short while. His left eye has some swelling still, so maybe it will take more time to open. Manju noticed a tear roll down his closed right eye when she spoke to him". 

No comments:

Post a Comment