Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Gosh, what an anticlimax!

Had got up at our usual time, went through the chores and were ready on time. Got a call from my sister, Mini that she had reached her house at Gottigere by a half past 7. The caretaker had got us our breakfast as per the order that we'd conveyed to him last night. We completed the remaining bit of packing and by a half past 11, the Chevy was loaded with our stuff and the caretaker was a great help as he saw us off, after I'd handed over the house keys.

Earlier, had spoken to my parents giving an outline about our programme. Did I hear mom asking me as to whether I needed to go when we were slated to come back on the 27th? Or was it all an illusion?

Drove to Padmakumar's house. Spoke to Padmakumar's mom and generally gave them a gen on the corona virus; basically it was to highlight the fact that no one in the house should get carried away by a lot of scary propaganda about the illness. Spoke to her and the others about the nuances of the ailment.

After a lovely lunch, made by Rema, we were off on our way to Thrippunithura.

This time I'd gone by the state highway, through Kottayam, because the traffic was manageable. Probably the after effects of the new restrictions laid down by the government on account of the spread of the corona virus. The drive was comfortable but on reaching Rema's flat, the Chevy got a fairly large smack from a reckless auto rickshaw. Felt immensely sad as it was yet another instance of my carelessness! There's no point in blaming the guy, as he and his ilk are irresponsible and drive recklessly. They'll never be in the wrong!!

Padmakumar and I had gone to collect the printouts of my air tickets to and from Pune and a medicine. On reaching their place, had contacted my friend, Priscilla to find out about the details of the programme, connected with the wedding. I was getting ready to go to the airport when Vishy, the bridegroom, had called up to say that the entire lot of bookings at the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) was cancelled thanks to the Army Headquarters' order on the way the corona-virus-afflicted- cases were increasing in our country, almost on a daily basis. He was profusely apologetic and I had to pacify him.

Called up the ticket issuing agency to cancel my tickets, then rang up my Academy course mate, Prakash Vishwe and my naval course mate, Jags Varma to tell them about the cancellation of my trip. Missing a trip to Pune, after what has been a long time, was sad! They'd planned get togethers, tomorrow on arrival!

It was a quiet evening, thereafter!


Tailpiece.

Will return to Guruvayur tomorrow after breakfast. Will only feel satisfied after handing over my Chevy to the Geeyem Motors for defect rectification.           

No comments:

Post a Comment