Thursday, September 16, 2021

Paraprosdokians and puns.

Paraprosdokians. Is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence is unexpected and often humorous. 

* Artificial Intelligence is no match for for natural stupidity.
* Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool, so I gave him a glass of water.
* I'm great at multi-tasking - I can waste time, be unproductive and procrastinate all at once.
* If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame. 
* Take my advice; I'm not using it.
* My wife and I were happy for twenty five years; then we met.
* Hospitality is the art of making guests feel like they're at home when you wish they were.
* Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
* Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
* Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking than men spend thinking.
* He who laughs last thinks slowest.
* Is it wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly?
* Women sometimes make fools of men but most guys are the do-it-yourself type.
* I was going to give him a nasty look but he already had one.
* Change is inevitable except from a vending machine.
* I was going to wear my camouflage shirt today but I couldn't find it.
* If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
* Sometimes I wake up grumpy; other times I let her sleep. 
* If tomatoes are technically a fruit, is ketchup a smoothie?
* No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll be stationery.
* Money is the root of all wealth.

   *       *       *

Puns

* My best mates and I played a game of hide and seek. It went on for hours.....Well, good friends are hard to find.
* You're not completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example.
* I broke my finger last week. On the other hand, I'm okay.
* Someone stole my Microsoft Office and they're gonna pay. You have my Word.
* Don't spell part backwards. It's a trap.
* And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you'll receive eternal life". 
But John came fifth and he got hell.
* What is the best thing about living in Switzerland? Well, the flag is a big plus.
* Did you hear about the guy who got hit on the head with a can of soda? 
He was lucky it was a soft drink.
* How did I escape Iraq? Iran.
* To the mathematician who thought of the idea of zero. Thanks for nothing.
* Son : "Dad, can you tell me what a solar eclipse is?"
Dad : "No sun".
* My math teacher called me average. How mean!
* Clinic receptionist : "Doctor, there's patient on line says he's become invisible".
Doctor : "Well, tell him I can't see him right now".


Tailpiece.

Got up around 6, the chores and was ready by 10. Another of those quiet days when Kittu kept us amused! 



No comments:

Post a Comment