Sunday, May 12, 2024

Emotional Intelligence.

A car ahead was moving like a turtle and not giving me way despite my continuous honking! I was on the brink of losing my cool when I noticed the small sticker on the car's rear!

"Physically challenged; Please be patient".

And that changed everything!!

I immediately went calm and slowed down.

In fact, I got a little protective of the car and the driver!

I reached home a few minutes late, but it was okay!

And then it struck me.

Would I have been patient if there was no sticker?

Why do we need stickers to be patient with people!?

Will we be more patient and kind with others if people had labels like :-

   * Lost my job
   * Fighting cancer
   * Going through a bad divorce
   * Suffering emotional abuse
   * Lost a loved one
   * Feeling worthless
   * Financially broken

.......and more like these!

Everyone is fighting a battle we know nothing about.

The least we can do is to be patient, kind and compassionate.

Let us respect the invisible labels!
Knowing each is carrying multiple ones.

That is why they say....Walk gently into others lives, all wounds are not always visible.....

PS.

Kejriwal's utterances today : All leaders of the INDI alliance like Mamata Banerjee, Pinarayi Vijayan, MK Stalin, Tejaswi Yadav and Udhav Thackeray are corrupt!


Tailpiece.

Got up at 5, the chores and was ready by a half past 7. Chambu had dropped me at the bus stand on the main road, on his two wheeler.

Got a low floor a/c bus headed for Kozhikode @ 20' past 9. Lunch was short of Muvattupuzha around 20' past 2 PM. Reached home by a quarter past 6.

Unpacked and got into my usual evening chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment