Saturday, June 1, 2024

At Thiruvananthapuram!

Our day started at 5 AM, this morning. Went over the chores and was ready well in time. Sukesan was at the gate, on the dot at 7 and we went across to the KSRTC bus stand.

Today there was a trail of bad decisions on my part. Firstly, I’d clambered on to the bus to Cherthala for going to the Vyttila hub (Usually, I took the bus to Kattakkada which was very much there at that time).

Secondly, when our bus had reached Thrissur, there was a low floor bus to Thiruvananthapuram and should have forgotten about the fare that I’d paid for going to Vyttila. However, I’d decided to board it once I reached the hub.

The bus had taken a circuitous route via Kakkanad and it’s engine had stalled while negotiating an upward gradient! Got off the bus, took an auto rickshaw and reached the hub around a half past 11. Should have taken the next low floor a/c bus at a half past 12’

Got a Kollam FP and got caught in most of the traffic snarls of the day! 

Reached Thampanoor by a half past 8. Maman and Chambu had come to pick me up. The former looks old and sick, has stopped the steroids unilaterally! Poor thing, he’d suffered a lot of pain over the last four months. Even Ammayi seems to be not keeping well.

Hope both of them recover fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment