Friday, February 11, 2011

Lunch with Mom and Dad.

It was my first long outing, in my Cruze, after coming here. I'd kicked off for home at 7, in the morning, taking Johnson - my man, Friday - as company, in case of help. The drive was comfortable as the roads that I took were all, thankfully, in good condition. Before meeting my parents, I'd called on Rema's mother-in-law as her house was enroute and didn't I surprise them? And by a half past 10, I was with my parents - my first visit to them after taking up my new job!

It's always wonderful to be with mom and dad as we exchanged information and caught up with the present. Dad looks weak but is cheerful and mom was her chirpy self and looks beautiful. We, then, made plans for a trip to Rema at Palakkad, to Guruvayoor and our new dwelling place at Kochi once I and Lekha settle down, by early March. And it was nice to be at lunch with my parents and mom had really gone overboard by preparing a lot of dishes. Johnson seemed to have enjoyed every minute as he told my neighbour, in the mess, on return.

We'd kicked off back soon after lunch as my parents enjoy their afternoon siesta and I did not want them to forego that luxury because of my presence. The return was smooth with me reaching my cabin in time for my customary evening walk!

A day well spent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment