Tuesday, February 22, 2011

An outing out of the ordinary.

Last night I was watching yet another edition of 'Kuch dil ne kaha' and was delighted to see the Asha Bhonsle special being beamed. And two of my favourite numbers viz.
(a) 'Paan khao sainya hamaro......' and
(b) 'In ankhon ki masti.......'(I'd dedicated this number to someone I'm fond of, a long time back) were part of the collection.

And as I turned in for the night, I knew that my official trip to Thiruvananthapuram today was gonna be a smooth one. It, indeed, had turned out to be just that!

I, alongwith my deputy, had kicked off from Kochi at 0430h and the drive in my Cruze was comfortable and free of untoward events. The purpose of my visit was achieved but I'd restricted my visits to people that had an official twang. None of my relations at Thiruvananthapuram have an inkling of this visit, otherwise, visits to each and everyone - which was mandatory - would not have kept the exercise time bound! (I shall make up with them later). We'd returned to Kochi by a half past 4 in the evening but the return journey was through blinding rains, which made my drive all the more exciting.


'Cutie' has been handed over!

Our previous vehicle, a Maruti Omni bought on 14 Oct '94, was finally given away to my friend and automobile enthusiast, Swarup Nandi, last Sunday. In fact, I'd driven us to the airport in the van and then handed it over to Vijender who's Swarup's understudy. 'Cutie' had given us a trouble - free service and she'd conveyed my grandfather and of course, Bruno during our long association.

We'd travelled extensively and visited a lot many places, with Cutie in attendance. The beauty about Cutie was that she never ever gave me any trouble or land us in embarassments. And she always started on the first crank of the ignition switch!

I'd decided to give her away to Swarup only because of the knowledge that he, being an automobile engineer and also because of the fact that he was familiar with her, would look after her well, probably better than the way I'd done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment