Sunday, February 6, 2011

A collage of thoughts.

A lovely evening.
The cosy times with Suresh and Supriya last evening was interesting because we'd a common friend Murari and his wife, Sushma also in attendance. It was again a trip down memory lane as Murari and me were mates on Amba, way back in 1981! Good food, light hearted banter and fond memories made it a nice experience and we'd have gone on and on, much past midnight, had it not been for the fact that the Potnises were scheduled to fly back to Pune by Sunday morning. Thanks, Suresh and Supriya for making it possible, thanks indeed!

My Cruze is in Kochi.
After a lapse of almost three weeks, my Cruze reached me last night. The car has come safely, without a scratch and I've only my good friend, Swaroop Nandi to thank for all the spadework that he'd done prior to its despatch. His contact man had brokered the deal with a leading 'Maruti delivering transporter' and though me, Swaroop and the boy who'd handed over the car to the transporters were under the impression that the car was loaded on the 17th and should have, by usual practice reached here at Kochi by the 27th or 28th(after the tenth day), it was actually loaded into a 10 car trailer only on the 29th. So the broker was pulling a fast one all this while!
Wonder why he did it? He could have told me the facts because I was more interested in the safety of my car and not bothered about the time factor, a fact that I'd made very clear right at the start. Anyways, all's well that ends well!
Clipping through the deserted Sunday streets of Kochi, late into the night, was an adrenaline - rush experience!!

A sad end!
Another young lady, the 23 year old Saumya, succumbed to her grievous injuries this afternoon. She had sustained those injuries last week when a guy(or was it more than one?) had tried molesting her in a running train - the Shoranur Passenger - and pushed her out, showing yet another instance of debauchery creeping into the 'mallu' society and the crass insensitivity displayed by the Indian Railways thereafter, in handling the investigation.
My prayers for the young lady whose violent end shall continue to haunt us for the times to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment