Sunday, February 27, 2011

My stupidity, nay carelessness!

It was a Sunday that saw us in frenetic activity basically because we'd to meet a lot of people with whom promises had been made earlier. Meeting a variety of people from different backgrounds was invigorating as well as continuing education! And there was a lot of driving and thanks to the Sunday quietude, the roads were thinly populated and navigating my Cruze was a pleasant experience!

However, I was prone to making idiotic mistakes like driving with parking brakes on but the worse was yet to come. After having put in fuel, I had negotiated the vehicle over an unaesthetically made speedbreaker and as I heard the dull thump of the car's bottom hitting the asphalt, I noted regretfully that I'd got it all wrong - the thump gave me the experience of a hard 'thwak' on my bottom!! Since the speed was low, there did not seem to be any visible damage. And the sad fact was that a harmless exit was available close by. Why I chose to avoid it has no decent explanation - a case of 'akrasia', perhaps?

Will I ever get over my carelessness?

No comments:

Post a Comment