Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chevy to the Levy.

Don MacLean's enduring number 'American Pie' - a heady sensation of the mid '70s - comes into focus today and there's a reason. But firstly, before I go into the reason, let me recount the opening lines of that delectable number and here I go,

"Bye, bye Miss American Pie

Drove my chevy to the levy but the levy was dry

End-o'-row of boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye

Singin' this will be the day that I die,

This will be the day that I die".

And now, the reason - I'd taken my 'Cruze' to the only 'Chevy' servicing station out here, at Kochi, for an overall check before I go for yet another long run, tomorrow, for picking up Lekha.

Tailpiece.

Saw the movie 'Dhobhi Ghat' and frankly, I found it to be more like a documentary with the following observations:-

(a) Prateik reminded me of his mother and yes, he's emoted effortlessly. Monica Dongre's good.

(b) Bombay has been etched very well.

(c) The pace of the narrative was too laidback and yes, I really couldn't get to the depth of the story.

PS.

Is it because of the fact that I'd missed the first 15 minutes of the movie as I was late?

No comments:

Post a Comment