Monday, February 7, 2011

A hectic day.

A host of people have been met. The trip to Madras, in connection with my official work, for tomorrow has been finalised! And as a preparatory step, I'd to meet the Area Manager of the Ernakulam Railway Circle and wasn't he thrilled to have me because he was gheraoed by a political group just an hour earlier and he seemed to feel protected by my mere presence!

RK Singh, my coursemate and a good friend, had fetched up at Kochi on work. He's the Director of a budding ship repair yard at the Gulf of Khambatt, in Gujarat and has recently signed an MoU with the Government of Gujarat for a project that has an outlay of Rs. 2,500 crores(He's the backing of a wealthy Gujju, who's impressed with his ideas). We met in the evening at his hotel and I was on a listening watch when he gave a presentation about his pet project, hopes and aspirations. What impressed me most was RK's ability to think big - in crores - ever after his premature departure from the IN, quite a while back. He continues to be his effervescent self and has asked me to be his buddy, at Kochi, once his project takes off!

RK, here's me wishing you all the best in your endeavours and may your dreams come true!!

No comments:

Post a Comment