Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A day of howlers!

I'd gone to the service station this afternoon to pick up my Cruze that had undergone repairs after the narrow brush that I'd with a Maruti 800, last week, on my return from Thiruvananthapuram. It was a week, to the day, after I'd handed over the car to its mentors and they'd done a very good job.

As I was driving away from the premises, there was an indicator that was playing truant and the guys - Sinod and Linimon - who'd worked on it, were summoned to have the errant one to behave. It was a socket connection that had worked out loose and had unfortunately, missed their eyes. As I drove out a second time, I was witness to a weird howling sound as I'd picked up to my usual cruising speed of 80 kmph and returned to the servicing station to report about the matter. As I stopped and called for the duo, I realised that I'd left one of the rear windows open and the howling sound was courtesy the highspeed winds that blew into the car!

We did go for a test drive, yet again, but heard no abnormal noise and I'd to apologise for my faux pas but the youngsters were gracious and did further trimminging of the beading of the windows - just to save my face!

I shall remain indebted to them for their act of kindness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment