Monday, June 13, 2011

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head........!

The day was cloudy and heavy rains threatened to pour. I was on my way to work and decided to keep my pair of gumboots in the Maruti Gypsy as I was in a mood to walk through the rains, the paucity of time notwithstanding. It was not long before that it started pouring and we'd just begun to negotiate the Venduruthy bridge.

I, then, got of the Gypsy with an umbrella above my head and asked Sebastian, my 'saarthi', to glide along through the difficult traffic and wait for me at the end of the bridge. The pitter patter of the rains quickly graduated to a downpour and I was thoroughly enjoying the 'plutch, plutch' noise made by my boots! It took great efforts on my part to hold the massive umbrella above my head as the accompanying winds were pretty strong. And in my enthusiasm, I'd covered the stretch of the bridge within a short time while Sebastian was still trying to make some sense of the honking, slow moving traffic.

He'd, by then, concluded that I'd gone mad as I could make out from his surprised and quizzical look - probably, when one's behind the wheel and is negotiating through tricky traffic and that too in blinding rains, romanticism is the last emotion that comes to mind! As I dumped my umbrella into the innards of the Gypsy and got in, I felt light and happy with a sense of accomplishment! A nice, though, thoroughly wet day to begin with!!

And I was humming, 'Raindrops keep fallin' on my head.......' that immortal number from the movie 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid' made memorable by Robert Redford and the late Paul Newman!

No comments:

Post a Comment