Thursday, June 16, 2011

Out on leave.

I'm on 5 days' leave from my place of work which has been necessitated because of urgent personal commitments. There's always a feeling of guilt when I ask for leave - a misplaced feeling of being indispensable to the organisation! And the paradox is that I've always encouraged my boys to take decisions on their own so that I could concentrate on my work!

The commitments are going to make this trip of ours to Thiruvananthapuram, rather hectic. My parents had to be dropped at my father's house at Kottarakkara after which it was a dash to look up Lekha's dad who's at a city hospital. He's been under hospital care for over a fortnight but his outlook hasn't changed a wee bit and I was pretty blunt in putting across my observation to his doctor and the attendants - my doubt was as to whether they'd got the diagnosis of his medical problem right. The doctor did give me a disconcerting look to say that he did not quite enjoy the 'know all's(me!) viewpoint!

And then it was a quiet evening at my classmates' house at Kazhakootam to facilitate a short travelling time to school tomorrow to attend the Old Boys' day. Mohanachandran and Manju are superb hosts and they made our evening a memorable one. Thanks both of you for your wonderful gesture and I must confess that we shall remain indebted to you for the minutest details that you'd taken care of to make it so! Thanks indeed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment