Friday, June 17, 2011

Being unashamedly nostalgic!

Back in school after 30 years and it was an emotional roller coaster from the moment I waited for my turn to go through the process of registration for our school Old Boys' day function.


I'd decided to go through a 'flashback' of my days at school from day one - 28 Jan '67, when I'd joined class VII and so sat on the same bed of the then 'Prasad House' to begin my pilgrimage! As I went through the various spots of interest during my schooldays, the room that I'd lived as House Captain during my final years was where I did spend the most amount of time - how I wished that I could get back to those carefree days, courtesy a time warp!!



The labs, the classrooms, the playing fields and the library besides other places that used to be my regular/favourite haunts, during those 51/2 years at school, went past in a blur leaving me nostalgic.



I was proud to see my name on a few 'state boards' which would remain a mute testimony to the fact that this guy'd passed that way, years back. It was also a pleasure and an honour to meet a few of our old teachers. And interacting with the young cadets definitely did make my day.



The evening at the Officers' Institute amidst my classmates and their families was the perfect finale to a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment