Friday, August 26, 2011

A fond meeting!

During my recent trip to Madras, apart from the usual interactions with friends while fulfilling the parameters of official work, I'd the pleasure of spending a memorable couple of hours with the 86 year old Laila Samson, wife of the late Admiral Samson.

She's chirpy, so full of life and I must confess that I look forward to spending time with her. From the moment I enter her house, she pampers me and insists upon looking after me in her own inimitable manner reminding me of the wonderful times that I've spent with her and the Admiral at their Bandra home, years earlier! Her girlish delight in listening to as well as narrating anecdotes and the way she breaks into peels of laughter makes her charming company, always and everytime. I return rejuvenated and contended in that I've spent quality time with someone whom I'm fond of and mind you, every moment spent with her is education in the true sense.

Ma'am here's praying to God that he'd better be with you always and bless you with good health and happiness. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment