Tuesday, August 23, 2011

When distances and time didn't matter.

1. A wonderful journey.

I was to catch the early morning flight to Madras and had to kick off for the airport at 5 AM. My co-passengers were Varghese and Rattan Yadav. On passage, I'd the privilege of getting to know the two of them closely as they opened up about their personal details. Varghese had undergone a messy divorce, thanks to an overbearing mother-in-law but is now contended in his second marriage and to put it in his own words, their's is a family of his child, her child and their children. Rattan, on the other hand, was a contended man on his personal front with two young children!


2. My 'Rajnikant'.

On fetching up at Madras, I was greeted by an enthusiastic youngster 'Rajanikant' who was going to be my 'saarthi' for the duration of my stay out here and insisted on my addressing him as 'Rajani'. Since the main arterial road was jammed with vehicles, he took me on a circuitous route along the Mahabalipuram road which resulted in a 'Madras darshan' for me!

Thanks Rajani, you really made my day!


No comments:

Post a Comment