Monday, August 8, 2011

On the reverse!

I happened to come across a wall poster depicting a nicely paved road, lined with identical looking trees on either side with the following inscription,

'Backward, turn backward, O Time in your flight
Make me a child again just for tonight'.

And into a bit of day dreaming, I wonder if such a situation could ever happen when everyone of us could travel in a time machine that would transport us to a particular time period of one's choice whenever one felt like it! The advantage is that one gets a chance to be with the people with whom one wants to be with.

But the flip side would be that, if such an improbable situation is reached, there might be almost the entire lot of mankind, preferring to be in the cherished domain, resulting in a cosmic confusion!!

PS.
Feel that I've lost it? No, I'm a firm believer of what Rudyard Kipling had to say on this score and I quote him for justifying myself,

"Some men see things as they are and say why
I dream things that never were and say why not".

No comments:

Post a Comment