Saturday, August 27, 2011

God's wonderful creation - dog!

I was touched by the heartbreaking image of the Labrador 'Hawkeye' lying sad beside his US Navy SEAL master, Jon Tumlinson's coffin. Incidentally, Tumlinson was one of the 38 killed when a helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan early this month.

I was reminded of Bruno, our pet Dobermann who used to be a tremendous source of joy for Lekha and me. Everytime, we went out of the house and returned, his welcome was unique, intense and spontaneous!

Dogs are definitely man's greatest friends!!

Tailpiece.

And a mother's prayer that I want to share,
"Well, your bag is packed
Your food is in the bag.
The shirt is tucked in
And I don't think it'll stay for long
But that's all right.
The teacher had better know that we tried.
It's time to get over there
And let the world know you've arrived".

No comments:

Post a Comment