Thursday, August 11, 2011

A hotchpotch of emotions.

1. Adieu Dr. PC Alexander sir!

During my stay at Delhi, I've had the privilege of interacting with this erudite scholar, as I knew him to be. For me, those sessions with him were a process of learning and continued education about life, in general. He used to patiently answer many of my queries and fondly call me, 'Commander'.

I remember telling him, during one of those sessions, that though I was greatly benefited from my interactions he was probably at a disadvantage, as there was nothing worthwhile as contributions from me. To which his reply was quick and candid and I quote, "You've a lot of qualities of your grandfather and to me, by interacting with you I feel that I'm making good lost opportunities with him". It was indeed humbling.

I shall never ever forget your kindness and concern showered upon me, sir. I offer my prayers. RIP.


2. An atrocious act.

The TV grab showing policemen on the rampage over hapless farmers, on the Bombay - Pune expressway was disgusting and shocking. For once, I wondered as to whether this was happening in our country! Sadly, it was and reminded me of those barbaric existence of human beings, in retrospect.

A few months back, I'd happened to read a survey on policemen - the world over - which had highlighted the fact that about 70% of any police force consists of people with a criminal bend of mind. I'd laughed it off then as yet another report generalising issues, based on a few extreme cases. But, yesterday, after seeing the policemen firing at unarmed people, fleeing away from them, I've reached the conclusion that the report has a point, perhaps!

The guilty needs to be brought to book, forthwith, without any dilly dallying and steps to regain people's faith in their police force as their 'saviours and protectors' should be initiated by the police straight away.

PS.
Those gruesome scenes will take a while to go away from memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment