Saturday, August 6, 2011

Another day of atonement.

06 Aug 1945 shall always remain poignant in the collective human psyche because of its catastrophic dimensions. Till then, ignorant of the terrible fallout of unbridled nuclear energy, mankind was witness to that genie's potency, which it had unwittingly, released to subdue a recalcitrant enemy!

I've always wondered as to why man hates man and fights over trivia. And this phenomenon is prevalent at various levels - be it between siblings, between parents and siblings, between husband and wife, the list can go on and on - it's endless! Human energy is wasted in strategies and counterstrategies to counter the actions of the 'perceived' enemy.

On this day, it'd be in the fitness of things that we rededicate ourselves to promote universal peace and brotherhood! Am I asking for too much?

Tailpiece.
I'm reminded of a thought passed on to me by Sister Anne of the convent, that I was in, years back. It goes something like this:-
"At ebb tide I wrote a line upon the sand
And gave it all my heart and all my soul
At flood tide I returned to read what I'd transcribed
Only to find my ignorance upon the shore".

No comments:

Post a Comment