Monday, August 15, 2011

The weekend musings.

1. Farewell Rosie.

Rosie aunty was all of 84 years, very active, who knew only to love the others unconditionally and I was one of its privileged recipients. She'd lived her life well because even in this advanced age, she did not depend on any medicine unlike many of her contemporaries. And she was a repository of anecdotes and interesting tidbits about life, which she used to regale me with while I used to tuck in many of her mouth watering culinary delights, during my visits.

As I stood in silent prayer by her grave last Saturday, after the Mass, a gentle breeze caressed me and I was sure it was Rosie aunty's unmistakable presence assuring me that she'd continue to look after me from so near, yet so far!

I shall ever remain indebted to you for all that you've given me for almost nothing in return. RIP.


2. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World.

The drive home was bad as the highway was unusually packed with vehicles, carrying spectators returning from the Nehru trophy boat race. While the race was well conducted and the sights as scintillating as ever, getting out of the festive crowd took its own time but I must confess that I did not have the heart to lose my temper lest I lost all those nice experiences of the previous couple of hours!

By the time we'd reached home it was a half past 8 and my parents were waiting to have supper with us. It was a nice, noisy and boisterous evening where interesting information was received as well as shared, with young Ammu's experiences of her college life coupled with her recent educational tour standing out for the sheer variety of anecdotes!

It was past midnight when we hit the sack but what was heartening was that dad and mom stayed awake and were active participants in the entire proceedings!!

3. Prayers for our Cruze.

Yet another puja was conducted at the Kottarakkara Ganapati kshetram to ward off 'evil eyes' on our Cruze. I was a mute witness to the rigmarole but wasn't taking any chances as I did not want my Cruze to go through any more difficult time!

And invoking celestial blessings is the only sure way to prevent unwanted miseries!!

4. The grand finale of 'Munch Junior Star Singer' Show.

The final show at a colourful stage at the 'Nishagandhi auditorium' in Thiruvananthapuram was telecast live and we're enthusiastic spectators of the event in front of our television. The judges seemed to have a tough time deciding upon the winners as each of the five kids - under 16 - who'd reached the finals of the musical reality show that had voyaged through almost a year, gave memorable performances.

May god help them as they carve a niche in the world of music for themselves and continue to regale us for the years to come!

5. Back with my Favourite KBC.

It was nice to be back in front of the television set to watch the latest version of the 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'. Mr. Bachchan, as the quizmaster, conducts the show with the elan and class that only he possesses! However, what was touching were the real life stories of a few of the participants and Archana Goswami's mother Usha, according to me, is truly larger than life.

She'd the guts to defy her husband and family who'd asked her to abort her child as it happened to be a girl. She'd then taken off to Varanasi, given birth to that child and brought her up single handedly and Archana, was there for the whole world to see. Truly remarkable!

No comments:

Post a Comment