Friday, October 5, 2012

My pet hates at a cinema.

This evening, since my maman, who was with us for a couple of days, had expressed a desire to see a movie with us we'd gone for one.

As usual, by the time I'd parked my Chevy at a safe place, I'd missed out on about 20' of the movie. Not that anything was missed though! But at the cinema, it was the same old story!

The cellphones rang with an alarming frequency and a few guys did have the audacity to talk into them at unacceptably, high decibel levels and the conversational contents - frivolous that could have best been done elsewhere and definitely, that could have waited for the show to be over! A family, consisting of the middle aged father and mother along with their two children, sitting immediately behind us, were simply ill mannered, in that, they're creating havoc with their feet on our backrests. After suffering for a while, I'd to get up and tell them to cease their 'footwork' forthwith and probably, there must have been enough menace in my looks that they're chastised into a subdued existence thereafter.

Post interval, there was the inevitable 'chomp chomping' of the wafers and popcorn purchased from the counter. While I've no issue on the audience conquering their pangs of hunger by having snacks, the 'chomping' could be kept at an acceptable(?) decibel level with a wee bit of effort! But what they don't realise is the mammoth problem resultant of such indulgences - plenty of cockroaches and rodents moving freely in the auditorium.

And the undue hurry during the exit, on the part of a few, makes one wonder as to what their next agenda was all about, especially, after the second show!  


Tailpiece.

But all said and done - my pet hates notwithstanding - I enjoy watching movies at the cinema and especially, at a late night show!

No comments:

Post a Comment