Saturday, March 16, 2013

10 years!

It's ten years to the day since Bruno had left us. That fateful morning still disturbs me like a bad dream.

Our 10 year old Doberman had breathed his last in the morning of 16 Mar 2003 while we're at Delhi. He was in dire straits in the wee hours of the morning as I'd got up abruptly hearing a very unusual sound. It was my poor fellow breathing harsh and quick and he was under our bed. I could see his agony and felt powerless, impotent and angry with myself of not being able to do anything to relieve him of his acute discomfort. I spoke to him a few words of comfort that I'd take him to the hospital in the morning and also remember telling him that he was the best thing that had happened to us and how he'd changed our lives tremendously!

He must have been aware about his impending end and was facing, with stoic and calm, the final throes of the inevitable - the only truth in life!

He's left us with plenty of memories - his delightful capers, his sneaky preference to Lekha over me which I didn't mind a wee bit, his eagerness to be amidst us all the time and the happiness that he displayed every time I entered the house and so many more!

I miss him every waking moment of mine.


Tailpiece.

Should I get another pet? I am seriously thinking of getting a pair of retrievers but am holding back because of the dread of losing them. The agony is unbearable from experience!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment