Saturday, March 23, 2013

My friend's last day at the office.

While at school, we're not the best of friends. I mean, each of us had our own circle of friends, were in different houses and also, in separate divisions of the class. We used to come across during common interactions like the school's annual day or the sports day and at the mess. What I remember about him, during the school days, was the masterly manner in which he grappled the nuances of the English language despite his Malayalam medium background and had acquired proficiency as we we're leaving its portals.

At the Academy, again, though course mates we're in different squadrons and separate divisions. We used to cross each other intermittently and regularly, of course, during the train journeys at the term breaks! And we'd gone our different ways on passing out from the Academy as we're in different services. It was during the last one year, while being here at Kochi, that we got to know each other better and there was a particular time during the run up to his daughter's marriage where he'd required my help to tackle a tricky situation.

There's an easy camaraderie between the two of us and we discuss anything and everything that interests or exercises us. A simple guy who can never harm another but can get flustered at even the slightest deviation from a planned activity and he's very close to his family. He doesn't have the heart to say what's on his mind lest he hurts the other and it's this quality of his that made him run afoul of another classmate and friend of our's, getting thoroughly 'bruised' - deep within - in the bargain.

Paddy, it's good to speak your mind out as it clears all misunderstandings and sorts out the clutter that gets accumulated. One cannot be nice to everyone, every time!


Tailpiece.

I shall be missing you, especially in the manner that you readily laughed at my PJs. Take care and may god be with you! Here's wishing that you get whatever you wish for!! May your nest be ready at the earliest and I was dead serious when I'd asked you to reserve a room for me in it - I can drop in whenever I feel the need!!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment