Sunday, March 3, 2013

Blast from the past!

Most of the day was spent behind the wheel. We drove off from home, after breakfast, towards Thiruvananthapuram to attend the wedding of a friend's daughter.

Pooja got married to Hari at a well conducted function in the Trivandrum Club. It was nice to see the young lady whom I'd seen growing up over the years in the 'avatar' of a demure bride. May the young couple have a long and happily wedded life! And we're able to meet up with a lot of friends and catch up from where we'd left last - telephone numbers and addresses have been exchanged with promises of follow up action. Thanks, Hari Prakash and Sandhya, for making it possible!

I ate myself silly at the 'sadya' as the spread was tasty. The 'payasams' had me bowled over and the 'pal payasam-boli' combination did me in!? The drive to Kochi, soon after, was undertaken just because it was necessary to be back by the end of the day. Otherwise, a siesta would have been appropriate and in order!!


Tailpiece.

The drive of about 300 kms was hassle free and nice. My evening walk, after that, was enjoyable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment