Sunday, March 31, 2013

A hectic Sunday.

It was a hectic Sunday. Mom and my niece, Ammu, had to go to the nearby temple as it was the latter's 20th birthday. By the time we'd returned from the temple, Faisal had arrived back from Saudi Arabia.

A distraught Faisal, as well as his parents, had to be pacified and in a moment of compassion, I'd promised that the young man's employment in the country is my responsibility. I must admit that I haven't the foggiest idea as to how I'm gonna swing it, but swing it, I must! After all it's a promise and I'm sure the almighty will come to my rescue!

And then, it was the birthday celebrations with the cake cutting and the accompanying photo sessions. A small crowd of Ammu's friends and family formed the gathering. It was a quick lunch and departure for Kochi as I wanted to be in time for my evening walk.

The drive was hassle free and smooth though there were a large number of vehicles, up and down, on the highway probably making a beeline for their original destinations after the stretch of holidays in the past week. And we're at our destination by 1700 hrs.


Tailpiece.

It was only after unpacking that I discovered that I'd left my pair of walking shoes back home. And so, the evening walk had to be conveniently forgotten! What a blow?

No comments:

Post a Comment