Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The young lady in the red shoes!

For the last couple of days, I've been out on morning walks and I find them refreshing, in a different sense, compared to my evening outings. The basic difference is that, in the evenings, one gets to come across more number of people out as they go about their normal lives - making a dash for their homes after, perhaps, a hectic day at their workplace! The scenario in the morning is entirely different.

The quietude, the sparse traffic, the freshness in the air and the typical morning smells emanating from the roadside eateries coupled with the commuters wolfing down their breakfast - while their luckier counterparts have the luxury of being in bed for a while more - are sights that underline the intriguing facets of life. The hymns blaring from the loudspeakers of the temples add a religious twang to the morning air!

Among the early morning walkers on the beat that I take, I've been noticing a young lady as I bluster through my circuit of roughly, 6 kms. I overtake her once and she crosses me on my home stretch but since the light is less as it's still dark, her visage hasn't been clear! But what hit my eyes were her bright red and black bordered(Or is it blue?)  pair of walking shoes - an unusual but eye catching colour, I must admit!!

And I identify her as the 'the young lady in red shoes' courtesy a famous childhood fable that all of us are familiar with. I would be failing in my duty, as I spin this yarn, if I did not acknowledge the fact that she's a fitness freak. And I'm also glad that the tribe of people, out of their homes and exercising, is on the rise.


Tailpiece.

Long live the jogging/walking brigade! Good health is a must and the best wealth!!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment