Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Shanaya, the 'first rays of the sun'.

Today, we'd the pleasant occasion of looking up a three day old baby girl and her mom at a hospital which is a stone's throw away from where we live.

Shanaya Mariam Felix is the daughter and the first child of her parents - Felix and Mily - and the grand daughter of my classmate and friend, Jojy and his wife, Saly. Her parents had done a lot of study and zeroed in on the name which, in Sanskrit, means the 'first rays of the sun'. Pretty thoughtful, I must say! The young lady has already carved a niche for herself - she insists on having both her hands out of the protective wrap around her.

I was particularly happy for her grandparents and must let you on to this information. There was a time when they wanted to give a baby sister to their son and I'd put them onto a good friend and doctor, Shash. Unfortunately, due to the administration of a particular medicine, they're forced to abandon their wish and it was an agonising incident for all of us - the couple, the doctor and me! Shash was devastated as he'd a good reputation in his professional field. The pain was always there deep within me as I felt responsible for the mishap - I mean, they wouldn't have met each other had it not been for this common friend of their's!

To my mind, it was redemption of sorts from a long felt agony, with the arrival of the grand daughter!


Tailpiece.

As she lay serenely, she was obviously unaware of the world around her with all its incongruities. Here's wishing that she gets all that she wishes for in her journey of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment