Friday, March 22, 2013

Seen and heard.

I've been witness to some fascinating, as well as intriguing, sights and sounds that have come my way and I thought that I must share them on this forum and so, here I go:-

      (a) An 'outdoors' family.

      I'd gone to pick up a friend from the railway station and on my return, while we're waiting at the red light
      at a traffic junction, there was this wonderful sight of an entire family - consisting of the father, mother,
      son and daughter - in sports gear on a morning jog. For some unfathomable reason, I was quite happy
      for that early morning sight!


      (b) An acrimonious occasion.

      It was a formal lunch and there was a wide sprinkling of guests from the various walks of life. I and two
      other classmates were also in attendance. I wasn't aware of the fact that my friends were not even on
      talking terms with each other till I saw them keeping a discreet distance from each other and the sad fact
      was that their spouses, too, followed in their wake. It's because of a perceived 'official' slight from the
      senior among them.

      A few harsh words were exchanged between the two and I'd to forcibly intervene and stop them,
      failing which it could have gone unwieldy and ugly. Must call the foursome home and settle things
      amicably; I can't have my buddies be 'enemies' all over again over trivia(which we realise now) which
      used to be a regular affair while we're at school! And I must hasten to add that those inimical
      relationships had a very, very short shelf life!!

      (c) In preparation of the 'Earth Hour'.

      As I came in after my evening walk - it was timed a trifle earlier as we'd to look up somebody - when
      a group of children came to me to find out as to whether we're participating in the 'earth hour' tomorrow.
      I was gladdened by their enthusiasm and have assigned them tasks to 'police' the residential area to
      ensure strict compliance among the residents.

      Meenakshi, a class VI student, tells me and I quote, "Uncle, this time we shall make sure that everyone
      keeps even their fridges off!" I couldn't help but admire the child's logic!!


Tailpiece.

A master stroke in diplomacy with Italy yielding to pressure and agreeing to send back its two marines to go through the legal proceedings in our country. But has their return been facilitated on the assurance that they wouldn't be awarded the death sentence?

PS.
Sent to me by a friend.
       "Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.........
        Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.......
        Walk beside me and be my friend......."

        

No comments:

Post a Comment