Monday, July 15, 2013

In right earnest.

A feeling of whiling away time without doing anything substantial gnaws my mind many a time. Wonder whether the phenomenon is unique in me and I've always wondered as to why it recurs from time to time. And mind you, it has no set frequency or is there, that I haven't been able to grasp?

I've not dwelt upon it either as it has always been a passing thought but I must admit that the strong feeling of guilt for having let go precious time that's never gonna come back ever, has been overwhelming! And regarding the frequency of its happening I'm without a clue. Have I been able to befuddle my readers? While tendering my apologies I must reiterate the fact that I continue to be a confused bundle of thoughts.

Today was such a day when I was revisited by the forlorn thought. The paradox was that there were so many things that had been accomplished, many pending jobs have been given the requisite impetus and small milestones were achieved towards attainment of the overall aim. Along with the official work, quite a few actions were undertaken on a personal level that were long put off for flimsy reasons!

Despite the foregoing, as I was ruminating over my day's activities through a critical viewpoint I realised that I'd flunked my own test regarding my achievements. Deep within there was a predominant feeling that I was concentrating on trivia and had much better things to accomplish. And so, what was I waiting for? But no amount of introspection could help me to get my finger on the pulse of what I really intended to do and accomplish!

Am I losing my sanity then? I don't think so. And I hope not!


Tailpiece.  

The mind is the most complex aspect of the anatomy of a human being. And one can't afford to trifle with it. Dunno whether the extract of Robert Frost's poem can be used to sum up my current state of mind but I'm gonna do just that anyways,

              "The woods are lovely, dark and deep
                But I've promises to keep
                And miles to go before I sleep
                And miles to go before I sleep".

No comments:

Post a Comment